Just for fun, I am spending some time today making a list of things grown-ups do not believe in. And children do.
(This does not include writers as we are lucky enough to be blessed with an imagination)
Here is a starter. How many more things can you think of to add to this list?
3. Invisible People/things
5. Aliens living among us
9. Brownies (The short mischievous kind not the gobble up whole kind)
14. Castles Floating in mid-air
15. Mountains floating in mid-air
16. ANYTHING floating in mid-air
20. Fairy Tales coming true
21. The monster under the bed.
23. Talking Animals
25. Super Powers
Grand new ones by Saadiya Suleman
26. Time Travel
Susan Kaye Quinn has a few “Out of this World” suggestions which most Grownups scoff at. Except Physicists. But again, that lot has imagination.
30. Laser Blasters (Aah, childhood! Any piece of wood was a laser blaster when I was a kid.)
Carol Oates suggests:
31. Ghosts (The friendly kind, the annoying Poltergeist kind or the downright scare you out of your pyjamas kind)
Nickie McCall takes a stab at the power of the mind and body:
32. Dreams intersecting with reality (Nickie’s sister used to call sleeping her ‘flying time’, how cute)
35. Mind control or hypnosis
36. The ability to transform/shape shift (Oooh, I wish I could become an ice cream cone and lick myself)